Demon Owned You RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon Owned You RPG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vibrate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakar
The Leviathan

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 am

Name: Vibrate

Magic Cost: 100 MP

Element: Electricity; Water

Effects: Drakar basically causes him and any biotic object he touches to vibrate intensely. This high speed vibration gives him a significant boost in strength and the vibration may disperse collections of energy. When he strikes a moving object if non-magical, it will not pierce his flesh but will vibrate in stead as long as it can conduct electricity. Biotic objects have the water inside them coarsing with electricity and the electricity causing them to magically vibrate. Also, besides vibrating at high speeds, Drakar also has an electric charge to his attacks. This empowers his spells that are electricity or water aligned. Also, the longer Drakar touches someone, the longer they vibrate and after he releases his touch, they may be disoriented or even have damage done to them. The vibration creates an external heat around Drakar which he uses to super-heat his weapons. Also, like the water within someone, he sends very minor pulses of electricity through anything conductible on the other's body.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
The Cascading Torrent
Neptune

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 am

Wouldn't this be more of a spell?
Back to top Go down
https://demonownedyou.forumotion.net
Drakar
The Leviathan

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm

No because he is doing it indefinitely. Also, I would like to add it doesn't impede his movement.

Also I wanted to add into the app that the slower he moves, the harder/stronger/whatever necessary term there is the vibration becomes.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
The Cascading Torrent
Neptune

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:45 pm

So, this gives you an indefinite vibration that is a power boost essentially? The way I'm reading it the benefits are more applicable to that of a form then. Enchantments aren't particularly supposed to function in this way despite the indefinite duration you want of out of the ability.

Unless you can simplify it for me. I may just be misreading what you're trying to explain.
Back to top Go down
Drakar
The Leviathan

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Basically, he isn't altering his body like a form, he is just letting himself vibrate intensely and I believe I added there is an electrical charge. Not added, it was there.

Also, when he touches them, they also vibrate at high speeds and to break it down in a more complex form, cause the energy within them to disrupt and extend that electric charge to them. Also, unlike Drakar who is magically compensates for the vibration is not negatively affected where others are by having their body moving so fast within a condensed area.

While it sounds complex here, I am just trying to think of interesting ways to use the magic.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
The Cascading Torrent
Neptune

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

So you want this to give you more strength, durability against objects, electrically charge physical and magical attacks, to be able to disorientate and/or damage them with physical contact and superheat your weapons?

Try writing things coherently. Go for simplicity in the effects you want and don't feel as if you need to explain them. That just makes it needlessly complicated. Simple sentences are fine and can explain plenty. You'll find this easier through constant revision.
Back to top Go down
Drakar
The Leviathan

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes. Although it isn't about explaining to others entirely, it is also for myself.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
The Cascading Torrent
Neptune

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 pm

If you write it so other people can understand it'll likely be written in a way that you can understand.

Raise the cost to 150 and even at that cost the raw strength increase isn't going to be significant, however, that doesn't reduce the damage you'd be getting for the electricity. It just means that you wouldn't be getting a significant raw increase in strength to do things such as lifting you'd just be more inclined damage wise. Unless that was what you were trying to imply?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vibrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrate   Vibrate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibrate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demon Owned You RPG :: Creation -- :: Enchantments-
Jump to: